Saying Goodbye to Summer!
It’s hard to believe another Summer is over in Henlopen Acres. We had some amazing weather and a great 4th of July with the biggest Town parade to date! As we head into Fall and Winter we want to remind all residents and property owners of a few things:
- Don’t forget winterize your outside shower-The Town loses thousands of gallons of water each year from preventable water leaks.
- It is the property owner’s responsibility to clean their lots of leaves and fallen debris
- The Town will pick up leaves and small debris/limbs (under 4 inches in diameter)-piles MUST BE SEPARATED and placed on the easement by the road.
- Abnormal amounts of debris taking more than 15 minutes to pick up will be billed to the property owner.
- If you are unsure whether a tree is on your property or the Town’s please call Town Hall to have it evaluated before having it trimmed or cut down.
- Construction on Rehoboth Beach’s Ocean outfall should be starting within the next month-we will pass on any information we receive regarding road closings and construction affecting Henlopen Acres. -Here’s a link to Rehoboth Beach’s website for current updates-https://www.cityofrehoboth.com/government/current-city-projects/wastewater-ocean-outfall#project_update